Consumer Disputes Board
The Consumer Disputes Board
resolves disputes between a consumer and a business concerning consumer goods and services, housing transactions, rented housing, the assignment of occupancy rights, and guarantees and pledges.
- also resolves disputes between private persons concerning housing transactions, rented housing and the assignment of occupancy rights
- as well as group complaints presented to the Board by the Consumer Ombudsman
- issues statements to courts of law in matters that fall within its competence
- publishes decisions that are significant for the application of legislation
- provides consumer advisors information and guidance in matters that fall within its competence.
The Consumer Disputes Board is a neutral and independent expert body whose members represent consumers and business in a balanced way. The Board provides guidance in the application of consumer law through its established decision-making practice and new plenary decisions.